Channelling is just a word
Channelling is a skill that I believe can be developed by anyone with the desire and determination to reach upwards and grow spiritually as a person.
It does not take years of special training not does it take being a medium, a clairvoyant or a psychic but it does require the ability to quieten one’s thoughts as in a meditative process and the ability to trust and allow or surrender yourself to some extent to the thoughts that come through
Channelling is I believe for those people who wish to add to, and develop, the wisdom of their higher selves. Please note that it is not a ‘quick fix’ method of solving all of your daily and emotional problems overnight. Miracles do happen, however if you connect with a guide they will ‘guide’ you in finding your own solutions by helping you to see the variety of options you have in your own decision making processes.
‘Your guide can be described as a friend or a mentor who encourages and supports you’
Channelling should not to be confused with spiritualism. It is not the intention when you are channelling to contact ‘the dead’ or those who have ‘passed over’ to seek their assistance, advice or and guidance. Those who are in the astral planes generally have the same fears, opinions and characteristics of souls in body here on Earth. They often lack the higher and broader perspective that a high level guide will have.
Words which are used to describe different types of channelling may include some or all of the following; this is by no means a complete list as many people will use different expressions to describe the same situation
- Clairaudience or “Clear Hearing” is usually defined as the ability to hear the voices or thoughts of spirits. Some ‘Mediums’ hear as though they are listening to a person talking to them on the inside or close to outside of their head, or in their ear as though the Spirit is next to or near to the Medium. Other Mediums hear the voices in their minds as a verbal thought.
- Clairsentience or “Clear Sensing” is the ability to have an impression of what a spirit wants to communicate, or to feel sensations instilled by a spirit. These can range from quite mild sensations to extremely strong
- Clairsentience or “Clear Feeling” is a condition in which the medium takes on the ailments of a spirit, feeling the same physical problem the spirit person before they died. Some Mediums can also ‘take on or feel’ the ailments of those living, and many an alternative practitioner will ‘feel’ the pain or condition of the client often before they arrive for an appointment
- Clairalience or “Clear Smelling” is the ability to smell an aroma from a spirit. For example, a medium may smell the pipe tobacco of a person who smoked during life, or the perfume that the parson wore. Sometimes it may be a particular flower, or even a ‘product’ that the person used. This situation can also arise before a soul has passed over and may present as smelling flowers, for example even though there are non around.
- Clairgustance or “Clear Tasting” is the ability to receive taste impressions from a spirit. These again can range from quite mild to very strong.
- Claircognizance or “Clear Knowing”, is the ability to know something without receiving it through normal or psychic senses. It is a feeling of “just knowing”. Often, a ‘medium’ will claim to have the feeling that a message or situation is “right” or “wrong”. This is a powerful sense for many who work in these fields. It may arise as a sensation in the solar plexus some times referred to as ‘gut feeling’ or an all over ‘knowing’ as in ‘I can feel it’, or it feels like my skin is crawling. An old saying from many generations ago was ‘I can feel it in my water’.
Notable mediums have included: Alex Telman, Derek Acorah, Rosemary Altea, Sathya Sai Baba, Clifford Bias, Helena Petrovna Blavatsky, Emma Hardinge Britten, Sylvia Browne, Kuda Bux, Edgar Cayce, Andrew Jackson Davis, Jeane Dixon, Allison DuBois, John Edward, Divaldo Pereira Franco, Colin Fry, Elizabeth “Betty” Grant, Esther Hicks, Daniel Dunglas Home, Richard Ireland, JZ Knight, Joseph Kony, Lekhraj Kripalani, Hirday Mohini, Eusapia Palladino, Paschal Beverly Randolph, Jane Roberts, James Van Praagh, Stanisława Tomczyk, David Wells, Lisa Williams, Chico Xavier, The Doctor Chip Coffey, Maya Fey, Pearl Fey, Mia Fey.